Thursday, July 28, 2005

Presentations...

I have to give my mid-term seminar tomorrow afternoon and I'm getting rather nervous about it.

My supervisor has told me that my slides aren't accessible enough (i.e. I require too much prior knowledge), but I can't see any way to simplify things or remove content without missing important things. I'm not happy, but I don't the time fine-tune it any more.

If you're at the ANU (I'm not sure if the public is allowed) and free tomorrow at 1:00 (my presentation is at 1:26), come along to the Department of Computer Science seminar room (N101) and watch me embarrass myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember that in a talk, there is no need to explain everything you have done. Rather, give an overview with broad strokes so that the audience can get a feel for the motivation and flavour of the work. People can ask for more details in question time or in person afterwards.

Anyway, g'luck. I'll try make it along, if they'll let miscreants like me in and I can scrounge up some food before then!