Monday, July 25, 2005

Stupidity or How Dumb Can I Get

I've just been trying to install hs-plugins on my iBook with GHC 6.4. Sorting out the dependancies, getting stuff to build and getting the libraries installed has been ridiculously complex.

Now that I've got it built and installed (part of which required using hugs because runghc refused to run the setup programme), it doesn't appear to have registered the package, which means I need to manually provide the details to GHC every time I compile some code using System.Plugins (rather than just tell the compiler to use the package: -package plugins).

I need to figure out what it going wrong with my environment and fix it. Perhaps by tearing some capabilities out...

Update: I've got that problem fixed (make install doesn't appear to update the package database). Now all I need to do is work out a way to be able to specify the data-types in the plug-ins.

No comments: